Sunday, November 28, 2010

Miranda Kerr - Treasure Yourself

Hello dear bloggers,

I hope you had a great week-end! I just came back from a great sushi dinner with my lovely friend who moved house recently to another city. We used to meet up pretty much each day and now that she's in town only on certain occasions I treasure each moment we get to see each other even more!
So, to me it's time to write about the book "Treasure Yourself" written by the Victoria's Secret model Miranda Kerr. I certainly feel intimated by all the VS models, knowing in the back of my mind that each guy on this planet would immediately go for any of the girls if they could only get their hands on them! However, Miranda seems to be a kind-hearted and healthily living person and for that I really appreciate her. She studied nutrition and psychology when she wasn't sure if modeling was her thing. I did not know about her at all but, by chance, I found out about her skin care line Kora Organics. Her products can be purchased online by visiting her side http://www.koraorganics.com/ and by doing so I got hooked on her blog that is presented alongside the product page. I started reading it when it just came out and it was very spare at first but by now there are many nutritionists, family members, and Miranda's personal trainer etc. blogging about health care and well-being. I highly recommend checking out her blog!!
I couldn't resist buying her book and I must admit I did not regret the purchase at all. At first I thought it might be a bit cheesy reading "happy notes" by a super model who's "got it all" but it is really very interesting to read what she thinks. It is surely made for teenagers, though, as the chapters are very compact and I got the impression I'm reading one introduction after another when these few pages are actually the whole chapters (approximately 10 pages per chapter!). Only half the book is about Miranda's life and experiences, the other part contains short affirmations to help aquiring a more positive outlook.
Nevertheless, her words reminded me of my state of mind when I am on travels. I seem to have this 'broader perspective' on things and see my possibilities and the goodness of my future very clearly. Once I have settled back down, though, I seem to lose track of this inner sense and I feel taken in by every-day hassles and inconveniences. Reading her book really established a connection to that self-awareness I seem to have merely on my journeys - even though I'm still in my living room right this moment.
(Miranda has a great poem in her book that Audrey Hepburn used to love / I arranged that my garden fairy can watch the flowers on the book, lol. In the background you see the snow on the grass!)

I must admit that I like the fact that the shape of Miranda's face is a tiny bit round - this is a big issue I have with myself! It calms me down, somehow, knowing that this beautiful woman has a heart-shaped face, too... I feel very conscious of my looks at times, especially since I am 'tied to the chair' cause I literally have to study for my exams for months and months and months... it is very draining and it shows in my appearance, posture, and strength. I really can't wait to get out into this world again - but as Miranda says in her book - you can't push through tough times too hard otherwise your abilities won't develop fully leaving you poorly prepared for what's still to come. My biggest weakness is my impatience!

I would like to contribute a pic on her page but I can't decide which one of the three I should pick?! Help me, please :)

Have a great night, I hope that I didn't bug you with my spiritual talk - but once in a while it's time to do so, what do you think?!

Lots of love,
your Sam xxx

12 comments:

  1. I love the first photo!!:)

    And I need that book also.. Where can I get it?:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, thank you so much for choosing a pic!! I instantly liked that one, too, but then I got confused again.
    You can get the book on the kora organics web-page or try the amazon page in your country xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look amazing :)

    I really want to try Kora Organics but I'm dreading the shipping costs! Plus my skin is really sensitive, I'm scared it wont work :( xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Supergirl: you are so very welcome, hon, anytime!! xx

    @ Roshas: hon, this means so much to me!
    As for you: I think you are a very beautiful, you have a great writing style, and I am amazed by your determination to lose weight in a healthy and habit-changing way!! Keep up your great work :)
    Concerning the Kora line - yes, the product + shipping charge is tremendous. If I was you I would wait a little until they introduce their Christmas offer, that should hopefully save some money. In the new year they will send out samples, too! Please contact them if you wanna try a free sample before purchasing: info@koraorganics.com. I bet that your skin will recover from starting the Kora routine because not only is it gentle, it supports the recovery of your skin. Please read Tali's opinion on her posts on Kora Organics - she thinks the same and we are both very picky due to our skin problems! Best, Sam xx
    http://www.theglossgoss.com/2010/09/kora-organics-review.html
    - and -
    http://www.theglossgoss.com/2010/10/winter-skincare-my-kora-organics.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like UR blog ! :D
    more more more ! :)
    amazing !


    follow me and write comment if you want ;***

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing such good things about that book! I think you should choose the last one (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ matienn: hello and welcome! I'm so happy you like my blog - I like yours just as much :-)

    @ marisa: I keep changing my mind about the pictures - I'm terribly indecisive! It's between the first and the last one now...
    If we lived closer I'd lend you my copy to read!! have a great night, girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi :)

    Amazing blog you got there! I love it :D
    So that's why I'm a new follower :)

    Maybe you can follow me back and visit my blog and leave some comments? I would like that :)

    Http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

    Thanks and keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Tessa, thank you so much for your message and what a great find your blog is! Of course, I'm following you, sweetie :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. <3 You look so much like Miranda Kerr ... Is her book out in USA and Canada? i've been looking for it everywhere !*
    Can't wait to read it ... if your looking for another fantastic read
    "That extra half an inch - Victoria Beckham"
    :)
    xx- www.hotbynight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, this is a one-of-a-kind compliment, I need to check whether I'm still sitting on my chair!!
    You can order the book from Miranda's Australian Kora Organics online shop but the cheaper option for you would be to order from www.amazon.com. Just search for "Treasure Yourself" and it's gonna show up.
    I haven't heard of Victoria Beckham's book. I have a notion that there is more to her than tiny bones and a serious fashion obsession ;-)
    Your blog's very up-to-date, I'm gonna follow you, dear :-)

    ReplyDelete