Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Exercise Programs - Restoring My Body Image

Hello my dears,

how are you doing? I hope great! Today I am writing about exercise as it is giving me much strength lately - enhancing my body and soul. At the beginning of this year I had the chance to subscribe to a ballet course at a nice dancing studio. It's a flatrate that enables me to take lessons whenever I have 90 mins to spare. I am hardly ever going out but going to my ballet classes instead. And I must say: I feel like a whole new me - or to be more precise - I remember how well I used to feel in my body! From the age of 5 I started dancing ballet and I was very good until I quit when I became a rebellious teenager. However, I started to miss my training when I was 17 years old, so I started again. From then on I had an on-off-relationship with exercise due to my extensive traveling. Whenever I was abroad I had to sign out of my classes. Reading my books all day made this condition worse and slowly but surely my muscles became weak and caused a bad posture. Ballet is my medicine and I am so grateful to have it back!!

This is a picture of my ruby red pointers. I dyed them myself. Too bad I emptied the bucket with the red colour into the toilet... for weeks it looked like I slaughtered someone in my bathroom, dough!


I also have some other equipment that I use only sporadically. I am following fitness videos at times (for example, Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred) but in general I much rather go for a run outside.


Another way to exercise is Power Plate. I have a studio right in my neighbourhood, so when I am too lazy to go anywhere I stop by this studio for a personal training on the vibrating plate. Just 30 mins are highly efficient because the plate stimulates the inner muscles, too, how perfect!


Seriously, without my ballet I am not the whole me! I'm having as much stress as ever but my moods are much more even and I enjoy moving cause I start feeling my body again! This is a cheer for exercise :-)

What about you?! What is your favourite sports that you can't live without? Or do you loathe exercise?

Happy working out,
your Sam xx

Extra Bit: ~The perfect Sit-Up~

A couple of months ago I was hit by a car (yeah, that wasn't too good...) and because of this accident my pelvis was multi-dimensionally shifted, so I had to see a physio therapist for a long time. I am fixed now, don't worry!! My "trainer" was a lovely lady who showed me how to do the perfect sit-up for strength and definition:
The important thing most other fitness coaches forget to advice their clients is to push the heels on the ground while lifting the torso! Also, your lower back needs to be pressed to the mat at all times and your pelvic floor muscle needs to be tight, too. Count until 8 before you let down and lay down again. Repeat this procedure 15 times and if you really want to make a difference, do the sides as well (same technique, just left to the side). This way, your sit-up is highly efficient!
I did this every night for a couple of weeks and I felt amazing. I need to start that routine again!!



8 comments:

  1. I'm terrible, my only exercise now is running around after my little boy. I know when I use to do Pilate videos everyday I felt so much stronger and healthier, I just don't seem to have the time anymore. I am glad you are feeling better and having more enjoyment x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ supergirl: Thank you so much, hon! I hope it stays that way for good xx

    @ replica: I know it is almost impossible to take care of yourself while rearing a child but it is such a great feeling to reconnect to that old "you" that I am sure you will eventually get back to doing pilates exercises!! Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eee, well done doll, love ballet myself, sadly it's difficult for me to get lessons due to my lifestyle atm.. so, for now, I just do the NYC ballet workout dvd, along with other exercise routines (like the 30 day shred for example)!
    I find that to be the best way to strengthen all of the muscles in the body and it's nice to mix things up a bit!!!

    PS: Your pointe shoes are super cute! ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you like them, too!!
    Wow, that NYC ballet DVD is a great tip, I'm gonna look out for this one :-) I need to do more exercise DVD's as I'm not in love with them - but you're right - it's a really convenient way to maintain or even improve one's own fitness level.
    Yeah, I can't manage myself to stay in a ballet class for long due to my frequent lifestyle changes but I really enjoy the fact that I've started again.
    Love, Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kassandra, of course, your blog looks great!! Wish I could speak your language, I might need you to translate things here and there for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. :)
    Shall we follow each other? let me know =) I'd be happy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sure, Melly, you have a great style! You bet I'm gonna look for some of your outfits, lady ;)

    ReplyDelete